I found a lovely video that I used with a Pre-Intermediate class on blind dates and I couldn’t help sharing it. 🙂
Outline of the lesson:
- Use the video as a lead in. Stop it at various points and ask students what they think will happen next.
- Elicit the context (a blind date) and provide them with some discussion questions related to what happened in the video.
- What does he/she look like? vs. What is he/she like? Teach descriptive adjectives for physical appearance and character/personality.
- Provide students with some dating profiles. In pairs they can focus on the language style and the vocabulary and discuss which personal qualities would be more valuable or important to them.
- Using those same dating profiles or asking students to write their own profile on a post it note ( it could be about a person they know) ask them to mingle, ask questions and try to find the perfect match.
- Finally, give them some general questions about blind dates (personal experiences, what could go wrong?, advice on good spots for a blind date in their city, who should pay? etc)